The primary purpose of the Family Pastor is to introduce young people to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth and to train them in serving Christ with their life.
The Family Pastor reports directly to the Pastor.
- A developing, mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Regular practice of spiritual disciplines.
- Integrity in the church, and in the community. Above Reproach.
- In agreement with the doctrine and bylaws of FBC Santo and fulfill the Biblical qualification of a minister found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 2.
- Self Starter.
- Integrate students into the larger body of believers and life of the church.
- Oversee and direct each facet of the student ministry including the calendar and budget.
- Recruit and work with volunteers to best lead and serve the student ministry and church.
- Maintain a safe environment of the students that encourages Biblical growth.
- Establish and train a student leadership team.
- Encourage and equip parents as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
- Build relationship with the children within the children’s ministry, creating a smooth transition from the children’s ministry to the youth group.
- Maintain a high level of community involvement.
- Assume any additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Pastor.
FBC Santo is a small town church with a desire to spiritually encourage the whole family. We are a growing congregation, actively investing in people to mine their God given purpose and potential. Our mission is to love Jesus, and love people.
We are seeking an individual to partner in this vision. The Family Pastor will oversee the student ministry, as well as encourage and equip parents as the primary spiritual leaders in the home.
If you believe God may be calling you to apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org